Quality replacement dust cover rod and torsion spring for AR10 style rifles.
Changing them is very easy, but care must be taken to not lose the torsion spring and to reassemble it correctly. Please read and follow the instructions below to get your new cover installed and ready to go:
1. Push the hinge pin forward.
2. Make note of the cover spring position. If you don't have a diagram, take a picture so you can put it back right later.
3. Slide the hinge pin rearward, covering the spring with your hand so it is not lost when the tension is released.
4. Keep working the rod rearward until it is clear. Go slow so you don't scratch your upper receiver.
Installation is mostly reversing the above. An easy way to install the hinge pin spring is to position it with the short leg to the rear of the receiver, pointing up toward the ejection port.
1. Push the hinge pin into the spring a bit.
2. Grab the front part of the spring, lifting it away from the receiver and press the long leg down, allowing it to rest against the ejection port cover. Slide your hinge pin in the rest of the way.