Manufactured by the finest Mil-Spec contractor, these are the best AR rifle bolts we have found. This is the same bolt carrier group found inside every Wilson Combat Custom Rifle and have been purpose built by us to handle the mighty .458 SOCOM. Learn more about the .458 SOCOM here : http://wilsoncombat.com/new/458-socom-project.asp
Completely NP-3 plated, the semi-auto carrier includes the proper Mil-Spec gas key that is chrome lined and heat treated per GI specifications. The gas key is secured to the carrier via USGI domestic mfg Grade 8 fasteners and properly staked per Mil-Specs. These properly hardened parts ensure proper gas system functioning.
The bolt assembly is machined from the correct Mil-Spec Carpenter No. 158® steel, shot peened for increased strength and a includes tool steel machined extractor and ejector, appropriate extractor spring, and is HPT (High Pressure Tested) and MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected).
What is NP3?
NP3 is a surface treatment for steel and metal alloys that combines sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon, with electroless nickel.
NP3 - THE ADVANTAGES
- Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
- No lubrication is needed on opposing surfaces.
- Cleaning is minimal, usually requiring only a soft cloth.
- Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
- NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
- NP3 is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 240 hour salt spray test.
- NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; therefore, the life expectancy of a firearm will be greatly increased due to reduced friction wear.
- The coating is strippable with no effect on the base metal, allowing other coatings to be applied or a new coating of NP3 to be applied, if necessary.
- NP3 plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
- NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
- NP3 can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
- In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
What's the difference between a mil-spec full-auto carrier and a semi-auto carrier?