ETM Heavy Duty/+P rated .45 ACP magazines with Wilson Combat exclusive stainless flatwire MAX magazine spring and our time-tested stainless steel ETM tube.
Guaranteed to never need replacement, the ETM with MAX spring will change the 1911 magazine forever. Our testing has shown these to be the most reliable 8 round, .45 ACP 1911 magazines in the world.
The heat-treated MAX flatwire construction never gets stressed or over-compressed like a conventional spring and is guaranteed tonever require replacement even after high round counts or daily, extreme duty use.
- Maximum strength-up to 25% stronger than standard 1911 mag springs for superior reliability with defensive and +P loads and more positive slide lockback .
- Maximum longevity MAX flatwire spring will never lose optimum feeding tension as long as you own the magazine -guaranteed! Extensively tested by the Wilson Combat Shooting Team and testfire crew.
- Maximum corrosion resistance-heat treated stainless MAX spring won’t corrode in high humidity or marine environments-a leading cause of service pistol spring fatigue.
- Black models are finished in black nitride QPQ finish-Theultimate in a wear resistant, non-reflective finish. Black nitride QPQ will not chip, crack or peel. This surface treatment is the toughest black finish wecould find for our world renowned 1911 magazines.
The ETM Heavy Duty/+P retains all the features of the standard ETM magazines:
- Increases Reliability in ALL 1911 Pistols
- Aircraft Grade Certified Stainless Steel Tube Resists Corrosion
- The ETM has the Strongest Magazine Tube Yet Developed, Virtually Eliminating Feed Lip Cracking, Tube Spread and Cracking and General Fatigue
- .025" Tube Walls - Thickest in the Industry
- Refined Radius for Each Bend in the Tube to Take Advantage of the Strength in the Stainless Steel
- Proprietary, Custom Designed Welding Process
- Proprietary Multi-Step Tumbling and Finishing Process Provides Smooth Follower Operation and Insertion into the Weapon
- Observation Slots Moved to the Rear of the Tube, Located Exactly Where They Need to be to Maintain the Structural Integrity
- Innovative Follower Design With its Extended Skirt Ensures Stability in Operation and Minimizes Creep from the Tube when the Magazine is Empty
- Fiber-Fill Nylon Self-Lubricating Follower Provides Smooth Round Feeding
- Positive Slide-Lock After the Last Round has been Fired
- The ETM Seats and Locks in the Weapon with the Slide Down
- Removable Base Pad for Easy Maintenance and Versatility with Different Base Pad Options
- The Quality Control Behind the ETM Promises a Lifetime of Smooth and Reliable Operation
- No-Risk Service Policy - If It Breaks from Normal Use, We Replace It!
- Black Fluoropolymer Finish
Disassembly / Maintenance Instructions
Our magazine tubes have a lifetime satisfaction policy. Wilson Combat will replace any magazine tube that spreads, cracks or becomes unusable during normal use. Wilson Combat magazine springs and followers are considered consumable items and may require replacing after extensive use. Polymer baseplates can break if you drop a loaded magazine on a hard surface. We recommend metal baseplates for hard use.
Spreadsheet of Magazine Compatibility by Brand
Wondering which of our magazines will fit your gun? Click here to view our magazine compatibility document.
We have 2 basic sizes of 1911 magazines- Full Size and Compact.
Full Size Magazines
Full size is the traditional USGI 1911 frame size. Most 1911 pistols are "full size". This includes all of our Full Size models listed here http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-gun-models.asp in addition to most standard, 5" and Commander length 1911 pistols.
Full size grips have a measurement of 3.0625" of center-to-center between the grip screws.
Compact denotes a smaller frame similar in size to Wilson Compact, Colt Officers ACP or Kimber Compact / Ultra Series. This includes all of our Compact models listed here http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-gun-models.asp in addition to most standard Officer's length 1911 pistols.
Compact grips have a measurement of 2.6875" center to center.
Click Here to View Our 1911 Magazine Troubleshooting Guide
Click Here to View Our Basepad Guide