New Page 2
Our AR-15 Dust Cover gives you the
ability to have all of your different AR-15 uppers clearly marked for caliber.
The cover is finished in Black Armor-Tuff® and the caliber of your upper clearly
marked. Changing them is very easy, but care must be taken to not lose the
c-clips and to reassemble it correctly. Please read and follow the instructions
below to get your new cover installed and ready to go:
1. Push the hinge pin forward until you can see the little "c" clip, positioning
it so the open end is toward you.
2. Using small punches or a screw driver, very carefully push on each end of the
clip until it pops off. It doesn't take much, so take it slow and easy.
3. Force should not be required; the clip will be under the pin and easily
removed. You can use tweezers, or a magnetic pickup, or carefully tilt the
receiver until the clip comes out in your hand. Be careful it is small and is
4. Make note of the cover spring position. If you don't have a diagram, take a
picture so you can put it back right later.
5. Slide the hinge pin rearward, covering the spring with your hand so it is not
lost when the tension is released.
7. Keep working the rod rearward until it is clear. Go slow so you don't scratch
your upper receiver.
Installation is mostly reversing the above. An easy way to install the hinge pin
spring is to position it with the short leg to the rear of the receiver,
pointing up toward the ejection port.
1. Push the hinge pin into the spring a bit.
2. Grab the front part of the spring, lifting it away from the receiver and
press the long leg down, allowing it to rest against the ejection port cover.
Slide your hinge pin in the rest of the way.
3. Line up the little slot on the hinge pin with the front wall of the hinge pin
channel. Use the wall to slide the clip down against the pin and use a punch to
push it into place. You'll hear an audible click as it engages properly.