Manufactured by the finest Mil-Spec contractor, these are the best AR rifle bolts we have found. This is the same bolt carrier group found inside every Wilson Combat Custom Rifle.
Completely NP-3 plated, the semi-auto carrier includes the proper Mil-Spec gas key that is chrome lined and heat treated per GI specifications. The gas key is secured to the carrier via USGI domestic mfg Grade 8 fasteners and properly staked per Mil-Specs. These properly hardened parts ensure proper gas system functioning.
The bolt assembly is machined from the correct Mil-Spec Carpenter No. 158® steel, shot peened for increased strength and a includes tool steel machined extractor and ejector, appropriate extractor spring, and is HPT (High Pressure Tested) and MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected).
What is NP3?
NP3 is a surface treatment for steel and metal alloys that combines sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon, with electroless nickel.
NP3 - THE ADVANTAGES
- Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
- No lubrication is needed on opposing surfaces.
- Cleaning is minimal, usually requiring only a soft cloth.
- Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
- NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
- NP3 is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 240 hour salt spray test.
- NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; therefore, the life expectancy of a firearm will be greatly increased due to reduced friction wear.
- The coating is strippable with no effect on the base metal, allowing other coatings to be applied or a new coating of NP3 to be applied, if necessary.
- NP3 plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
- NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
- NP3 can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
- In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.